Childrens Cancer Connection

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pittsburg Perfect

Things went well at Pittsburg.  Track was short and it was cool so we didn't over heat.  The track was damp on the morning run so I took it easy, but I guess not as easy as other teams and I finished 23rd which is amazing.  The car was sliding around every corner but seemed easy to control.  Afternoon I was 14 seconds quicker as the track was now dry, but finished 28th---weird.  Anyway, we are now in South Bend and going to do the dry skid pad today.  We are in 33rd place overall and 5th in class.  Our 5th is set in stone, but overall it looks like we could possibly move up another position or two with a good run.  I am ecstatic we will finish at least 10 spots better than last year, but can't help but wonder what we would have finished if we didn't have car problems.  I will update on the road later after the awards ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment