Childrens Cancer Connection

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Daytona/Daytona

I am currently sitting in garage stall 48 at Daytona International Speedway.  Even if you don't like racing you can't help but feel the history.  I just had my fastest top speed ever---171!!!  I thought this car had a governor at 155, but thankfully it doesn't.  It was still pulling well when I had to break just after the start/finish line to go on the inside track (remember we are doing both the inside and outside track from the Grand Am/Rolex series).  We just finished 23rd overall and moved up 9 spots overall---today is a good day.  We should move up several more spots this afternoons session.  Weather is perfect and had a good lunch right next to the winner's circle.  We also got to walk the track this morning.  You can't imagine what it feels like to walk on or drive on 31 degree banking.  Car is performing beautifully and still having fun hanging out with Steve.  Tonight we drive to Kershaw South Carolina, I think it's about 450 miles which isn't too bad.  Have to go now Steve is doing parade laps around the track now.

3 comments:

  1. Will you be posting video anywhere? Would love to see and hear that beast doing 170+.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we get back next week I plan on putting it on YOUTUBE.

      Delete