Childrens Cancer Connection

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Good news/Bad news

First the good news---I did well at Carolina Motorsports Park.  Morning session I finished 29th and afternoon session I think I remember I finished 30th.  Quite good and I like the track a lot.  An hour ago we left BMW Performance Center and that was a train wreck.  The Jaguar overheated after one lap and it went into limp home mode.  I was smart and kept going so I still got points, but we finished 2nd to last.  If you don't already know the car runs on 4 cylinders to save itself.  I waived everyone by, but as you can imagine I was pissed and it happened at BMW (I'll just leave it at that).  BMW was very gracious and gave us a box dinner and drinks.  There were also hundreds of people there watching which made it fun as well---of course until the Jag got hot.  We are headed to Virginia now and the car is running fine, it's also a beautiful drive.  Those of you that know me well know I don't like things that don't work perfectly----I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE JAG RIGHT NOW.  It better be good to me tomorrow at VIR.  We only have about 145 miles left  to get to the hotel for tonight.  Plus, I have a little head ache from how mad I got.  I'm Looking forward to getting cleaned up and laying down tonight.  Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment